1/1 Photo of Savory Nut Balls
Delicious vegetarian appetizer. These nut balls have a meaty taste and are very addictive! You can easily vary the types of nuts and spices to suit your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup finely ground walnuts
- 1/2 cup finely ground sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup finely ground cashews
- 1/4 cup finely ground almonds
- 1 small onion, coarsely grated
- 2 beaten eggs or 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs, finely ground
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout, chopped
- prepared mustard (for dipping, e.g. dijon, raspberry, honey, etc.)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Note: you can use any combination of ground nuts and seeds to equal 2 cups.
- 3Mix all ingredients except mustard.
- 4Form one inch balls.
- 5Place on oiled cookie sheet.
- 6Bake until light brown and crunchy, about 20 minute.
- 7Serve with assorted mustards for dipping.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Nut Balls
Serving Size: 1 (852 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.4
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 54.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g