Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I am a mushroom lover. Garlic too LOL. This is a good spread to serve on baguettes or crackers
Make and share this Savory Mushroom Spread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or 2 tablespoons almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in skillet. Add mushrooms, shallots and garlic and saute about 6 minutes on med-high heat.
- Add wine and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Cool mixture.
- Remove to serving bowl and stir in sour cream and nuts.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with baguettes or crackers.
A really nice tasting spread which I served on crackers. Thank you!!
Simply wonderful. I used half baby white mushrooms, half baby brown mushrooms, and toasted pine nuts. I spread it on toasted baguette--made a lovely, heart-warming lunch. Thanks for the post :)
This is delicious. So good on hot fresh crusty bread!