Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful side dish I created when I was craving something different with mushrooms. Can be a great vegetarian meal or a main dish if you add left over roast or steak.If used as a main dish it serves 4 generously It's simple and flavorful.
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 lb sliced fresh mushrooms (button or a combination of your favorite, i likw cremini and button)
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Cook orzo according to directions till desired doneness.
- Melt butter and olive oil over med high heat add onions and saute till transluscent. Add garlic saute 2 mins more.
- Add mushrooms and remaining ingredients (except lemon juice) and saute for 10- 15 mins.( this is the time to add meat if you choose).
- Add lemon juice.
- Mix in drained orzo and stir till completely mixed. Taste and adjust salt if needed. Enjoy!