Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I eat steel cut oats every day for breakfast, but was getting really tired of the "same old same old." I thought "they use rice for sweet and for savory, why not oatmeal?" Here is the first recipe that I came up with. I do cook my oatmeal ahead of time in a crock pot. I use half unsweetened soy milk and half water for the liquid.
- 1 cup cooked steel cut oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mushroom (I like portobellos)
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash table blend seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat up the oil in a skillet. Add the onion and garlic and cook just until softened. Add the mushrooms and Mrs. Dash, cover and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the oatmeal and serve.