- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried savory
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef (I prefer ground round)
- 1 cup crushed butter flavored cracker
- 3⁄4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, blend together the first 5 ingredients.
- Add in the ground beef, crushed crackers, mushrooms, cheese, and red onion; use your hands to mix well and incorporate the ingredients.
- Press mixture into a loaf pan.
- Place bacon slices on top; bake in a 350° oven for 50 minutes.