1/1 Photo of Savory Muffins With Goat Cheese, Rosemary and Kalamata Olives
Savory muffins to serve with soups, a big salad or on their own for healthy snacking. This recipe was in Pam Anderson's CookSmart column in the USA Weekend paper, Feb 20, 2009. If you want something delectable and nourishing and don't mind messing up four or more different bowls, this recipe is a lucious hit every time. I replace the sugar with agave or leave it out sometimes. These freeze fine, if well-packaged, to add quick pizzazz to a dinner for many or just take one out to reheat solo. I believe this is from her newest (fifth) cookbook called "The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight and Eating Great". Thank you, Pam!
My Private Note
large m ...
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml crumbled goat cheese (about 4 1/2 ounces uncrumbled)
- 14.79 ml minced fresh rosemary
- 118.29 ml chopped kalamata olive (or other greek black olives)
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 147.89 ml butter, softened
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 2 large eggs
- 354.88 ml plain yogurt
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees and adjust oven rack to lower-middle position.
- 2Prepare the first three ingredients and set aside.
- 3Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- 4In a separate large bowl, beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer til fluffy.
- 5In a separate bowl, whisk mustard and eggs together.
- 6Beat the mustard-egg mixture into the sugar and butter mixture until pea-sized lumps form (wet ingredients).
- 7Stir the Kalamata olives into the wet ingredients.
- 8Stir the goat cheese and the rosemary into the dry ingredients.
- 9Alternating by thirds, stir the dry ingredients and the yogurt into the wet ingredients until a very thick batter forms.
- 10Lightly oil 12 large muffin tins of 1/2 cup capacity or four mini-muffin tins with vegetable oil or spray.
- 11Divide batter evenly among the cups (a spring-action regular or mini ice cream scoop works). Muffin cups will be full.
- 12Bake until golden brown about 25 minutes for large muffins or 10-12 minutes for the minis.
- 13Cool slightly in the pan, then remove and serve!
- 14ALTERNATE FLAVORING to sub for the first three ingredients are: 1 cup crumbled feta cheese, 1 tablespoon dried oregano and 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes. This combo was great, too!
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Muffins With Goat Cheese, Rosemary and Kalamata Olives
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2883.2
- Calories from Fat 1336
- Total Fat 148.4 g
- Saturated Fat 85.3 g
- Cholesterol 776.0 mg
- Sodium 5932.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 321.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 27.8 g
- Protein 66.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: