This is an adaptation of a newspaper recipe. These would be great as mini-muffins for a buffet, as an appetizer, or just an accompaniment to soup, salad or anywhere you'd like to serve a little bread on the side. Note: The nutritional value will be off since the flavor ingredients are listed with the directions. Sorry, but I didn't want all three to run up the calories either!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust oven rack to lower middle and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; stir in flavor ingredients of choice (see below).
- 3In a large bowl beat sugar with butter until fluffy; add mustard and eggs and beat until small "peas" form. Beat in flour mixture alternating with yogurt, 1/3 at a time. Batter should be thick and smooth.
- 4Spray muffin tins (or mini-muffin) with vegetable cooking spray. Fill muffin tins with batter and bake until golden (25 for full size, 10-12 for mini).
- 5Flavor ingredients.
- 61 cup goat cheese, crumbled (4 1/2 oz); 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, minced; 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, chopped. OR.
- 71 cup feta cheese, crumbled (4 1/2 oz); 1 tbsp dried oregano; 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped. OR.
- 81 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (3 oz); 1/2 cup proscuitto, minced (2 oz); 1 tbsp dried basil.
Browse Our Top Savory Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Muffins Three Ways
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.6
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 445.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 5.4 g