Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A classic soup with my own variation
Make and share this Savory Minestrone Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) navy beans
- 1⁄2 cup macaroni noodles, uncooked
- 3 (16 ounce) vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1. cook dry pasta in boiling water with a dash of salt, cook until al dente
- 2. Add oil, saute garlic and onion in a dutch oven until onions are tender.
- 3. Add broth, carrot, celery, green pepper, red pepper, tomatoes, and beans and bring to boil.
- 4. Once brought to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and add cook pasta. Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes and then serve.