Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Yum! I was served this soup at a luncheon and begged for the recipe. It's certainly not vegetarian or low-fat but it's a good way to sneak some produce into those kids of mine and makes great leftovers for days.
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 -4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon basil leaves, crushed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can bean with bacon soup
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 lb polska kielbasa
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked small tube macaroni
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cabbage, cut into long thin shreds
- 1 cup cubed zucchini
- In a large saucepan, start browning bacon.
- Add onion, celery, garlic, and basil.
- Cook until tender.
- Stir in canned soups, water, tomatoes, macaroni, and salt.
- Bring to a boil; cover.
- Reduce hear and simmer 15 minute.
- Add cabbage, zucchini, and kielbasa (cut in semi-circles).
- Cook 20 minute more or until veggies are tender.
- Stir occasionally.