Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
From Prevention Magazine, another way to use spaghetti squash.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 cup plum tomato, peeled and diced (about 3 tomatoes)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh marjoram, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried savory
- 1 pinch sugar (to taste)
- 1 pinch ground red pepper (to taste)
- salt (optional)
- pepper (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Place the squash, cut side down, in a 9x13 baking dish, and add 1/2" of water to the dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the skin is tender to the touch. Cool.
- Remove the flesh with a fork, and place it in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Chill until serving time.