Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Tasty rice in minutes from your microwave.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a 3 quart casserole combine all ingredients.
- 4 tablespoons salsa can be added for Spanish rice.
- Cover and cook on 100% power for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Let stand five minutes before serving.
- Stir to fluff.
This rice was perfect for a weeknight. No chopping to do. My son likes dried parsley so I knew he would like this rice. Thanks racrgal :) Made for cookbook tag game
Aug 1, 2008, racrgal, this is a GREAT recipe. Very easy to make and everyone loved the flavor. I used my small microwave Rubbermaid container. The next time we have Mexican food, I'll try the salsa and report back. I served this with Japanese Marinated Chicken and Orange Blossom Zucchini Thank you for posting this. Made for *Zaar Tag 2008* game