1 hr 30 mins
More Sunshine's Note:
This is an excellent meatloaf. I've even had a few children who hate meatloaf say that they like this recipe. I feel that the thin layers of the meat mixture with thin layers of stuffing are what make the meatloaf. My favorite spaghetti sauce is Bertolli, but feel free to use your favorite brand. I personally don't like sauces on top of meatloaf, but if that is your preference, feel free to add one. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water and 1/4 cup margarine to a boil. Stir in the contents of the stuffing mix. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Chop the onion into very small pieces and put in a large bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients, beating the egg before adding it to the meat mixture.
- 4Stir the meat mixture about 5 minutes. This will give the meat a lighter texture and help it to stay together when rolling it.
- 5Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- 6Spread the meat mixture in a thin layer (about 1/2 inch thick) on top of the foil at least a 1 inch border on all of the edges of the foil.
- 7Stir the stuffing with a fork.
- 8Spread the cooked stuffing on top of the meat leaving approximately 1/4 inch border on each of the long sides of the meat and about 2 inches on one of the short edges of the meat.
- 9Place the cookie sheet in front of you so that the short edge without the 2 inch border is directly in front of you.
- 10To begin rolling the meatloaf, carefully lift and roll the meat as you would a cake roll, using the aluminum foil to support it, carefully peeling away the aluminum foil and patching any cracks that appear in the meat mixture as you roll the loaf.
- 11Bake oven 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.8
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 83.7 mg
- Sodium 694.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 22.6 g