Recipe by hippichiclv
Got this out of a Betty Crocker book. It is a very good meatloaf. My husband loves it. Give it a try and let me know what you think. Personally, I don't like to bite into hard onions so I sautee my onions before putting them into the mixture. Hope that is a good tip for you.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped sage leaves or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic cloves, finely chopped or 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 3 slices bread, torn into small pieces or 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs, enough to soak up liquid
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup or 1⁄2 cup chili sauce or 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except ketchup.
- Spead mixture in ungreased loaf pan, 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 or 9 x 5 x 3 inches, or shape into 9 x 5-inch loaf in ungreased rectangular pan, 13 x 9 x 2 inches.
- Spread ketchup over top.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until thermometer reads 160 degrees Farheinheit.