Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
The summer savory in this meatloaf gives it a distinctive flavor
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon summer savory
- bottled chili sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except chili sauce.
- Mix with hands until thoroughly blended.
- Mound into loaf pan.
- Top can be covered with chili sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour or until done.
- Mashed potatoes and peas are DH's favorite accompaniments for this meatloaf.
- note: summer savory has become hard for me to find in the chain grocery stores lately; but it is worth the search for what it adds to the meatloaf.