I hear the main ingredient in Krispy Kreme doughnuts is potatoes. Here's a healthier doughnut- baked! From wholefoodsmarket.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook potatoes 20–25 minutes, until soft.
- 2Drain well.
- 3Mash potatoes with butter, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- 4Refrigerate until cold.
- 5Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 6Toast amaranth for 15 minutes, shaking pan occasionally to toast evenly.
- 7While amaranth is toasting, work flour into potatoes.
- 8Split potato mixture into six equal portions.
- 9Roll each portion into a 7 inch rope.
- 10Roll each rope in toasted amaranth, then form into a donut shape.
- 11Place donuts on a lightly greased cookie sheet, and bake 12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Mashed Potato Doughnuts
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.3
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 278.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 9.2 g