Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This healthy and simple recipe is from Gourmet Magazine (Feb. 1999).
Make and share this Savory Mashed Limas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb frozen baby lima bean (about 3 cups)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Cook lima beans according to package instructions. While beans are cooking, mince garlic and in a small saucepan cook in butter over moderately low heat, stirring, until pale golden.
- Drain beans in a large sieve and transfer to a food processor. Add garlic mixture, milk, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste and purée until smooth.