Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
After reading descriptions of Semolina's Macaroni & Cheese Cake, I went on search for a recipe.... finding this one. Will be trying it this coming weekend when the kids are here.
- 4 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cook macaroni following directions; drain and set aside.
- In skillet, melt margarine until sizzling.
- Stir in breadcrumbs, saute over medium heat for 4 minutes or until browned.
- Sprinkle in bottom of spring form pan.
- In large mixing bowl beat cream cheese,at medium speed until smooth.
- Continue to beat, adding 1 egg at a time.
- Gradually add sour cream, flour, basil, salt and garlic;mix until smooth.
- Stir in macaroni and cheese.
- Pour on top of crumbs in spring form pan.
- Bake 50- 60 minutes or until slightly set in middle.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Remove side of pan and slice with serrated knife.