Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from "8 Grams or Less Low-Carb Recipes", a cookbook I got in the cookbook swap this year. These are good as a snack or on top of salads. Posted for ZWT5!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons white wine worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups macadamia nuts
- Line a 13x9x2 inch baking pan with foil; lightly coat the foil with cooking spray. Set pan aside. In a small bowl stir together Worcestershire sauce, oil, Italian seasoning, salt and cayenne pepper; set aside.
- Spread nuts in prepared pan. Drizzle with seasoning mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven about 15 minutes or until nuts are toasted, stirring occasionally. Lift foil with nuts from pan. Let cool for 30 minutes. Store nuts in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 2 months.
These were pretty good! I think next time I'll reduce the Italian seasoning and increase the cayenne pepper a bit just to suit our tastes. Made for ZWT5 Australia/New Zealand Bush Tucker Challenge: Epicurean Queens. Update: Actually, these are perfect after sitting overnight! I wouldn't change a thing with the seasonings now, just let it sit for several hours for the flavors to come together!
Made as given, & intended to use them on more than just two small salads, but what with snacking on 'em for an evening, there weren't many left! Wonderfully tasty & I intend to make them again (a double batch, at that) for one of the monthly meetings I host! Thanks for posting this great recipe! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]
OMG! These are so darn good! I made as posted...they are currently resting...but I just had to give them a taste even before they set overnight...I can't even image how good they will be tomorrow! ...Thanks for posting! :)