Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
muffins gone to the other side
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup peas, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup green beans, chopped fine
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄3 cup cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon herbs or 1 tablespoon spices
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine vegetables, onion, cheese, and herbs in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and add oil. Mix in dry ingredients until fairly smooth, then stir in the vegetable mixture until just blended.
- Spoon into greased muffin tin, or an ungreased silicone muffin tin. Place muffin tin on baking sheet, to catch any drips, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until lightly browned on top.
These are a really nice change from sweet muffins. They're a great little grab and go breakfast.
Not having much of a sweet tooth, I love savory goodies and have searched for this type of muffin for ages. This is a perfect breakfast or mid-morning snack.