1/2 Photos of Savory Luncheon Tart
Quick to put together, plus you can make it ahead for easy entertaining. The recipe works with every leftover meat I’ve tried including roast beef, pork chops, Italian sausage and even taco meat! Created for RSC No. 12
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces ham (or any leftover cooked meat...)
- 1 tablespoon no-sugar-added strawberry preserves
- 4 tablespoons chopped cherries
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 4 ounces shredded havarti cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- 1 egg white
- 4 green onions, chopped (green part only)
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch salt, if needed (depending on your meat)
- 6 sheets phyllo dough, thawed (see tip)
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1TIP: To thaw phyllo, place box in refrigerator for 24 hours. (If you thaw at room temperature the sheets will stick together.) Unused phyllo can be refrozen by wrapping tightly in plastic wrap, then with foil. Place in original box and put in freezer.
- 2TART: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 3Chop up leftover meat and mix with jam and cherries. Heat in microwave for 2 minutes, set aside.
- 4In separate bowl, mix mascarpone, cheese, egg white, green onions, and pepper. Include salt if desired. Set aside.
- 5Unfold phyllo and place damp paper towel over sheets. Place one sheet of phyllo on cookie sheet and spray with cooking spray. Place second sheet of phyllo over first and spray with cooking spray, repeat with third sheet.
- 6Spread cream cheese mixture along one end of dough leaving a 2" margin. Spread meat over the cream cheese leaving the same margin.
- 7Fold sides in over filling, then roll to make a log. Spray log with cooking spray and lightly score into triangles. Log should be slightly flattened.
- 8Repeat for second log.
- 9TO MAKE AHEAD: Wrap scored log tightly in saran wrap and place in freezer baggie. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before baking.
- 10BAKE: 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven, cool slightly and using a serrated knife, cut into triangles.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Luncheon Tart
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.0
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 34.0 mg
- Sodium 701.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-sugar-added strawberry preserves