Recipe by vivvie
My sister picked up some jalapeno bread by mistake. She was going for cheddar cheese bread. We don't usually do spicy (delicate stomachs, don't you know), but not wanting to waste perfectly good bread, she came up with this recipe. The sour cream helped tone it down from HOT to a flavorful spiciness. We served it with Ham and Black Bean Toss with Cilantro. It was yummy! Avocado slices and cherry tomatoes would go great with this.
- 9 slices jalapeno-cheddar sourdough bread
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray skillet with non-fat cooking spray.
- Beat eggs and milk together.
- Dip bread slices on both sides in egg mixture.
- Put in pre-heated skillet over medium heat.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove to plate. Make three stacks of three slices each.
- Butter each slice lightly as you build a stack.
- Top each stack with 1 Tbsp sour cream and cilantro.