Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces (or may use thigh meat)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 red jalapeno chile, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chinese rice wine or 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Make the marinade: combine the soy sauce and cornstarch in a bowl; mix well.
- Add in the chicken; stir to coat evenly; let stand 10 minutes.
- Set stir-fry pan over high heat; add in the vegetable oil; heat to almost smoking.
- Add in ½ cup mint leaves; cook until the leaves are crisp, about 30 seconds.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; set aside for garnish.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon of the oil from the pan and return the pan to the heat.
- Add in the chicken and jalapeno; stir-fry until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the wine and chili garlic sauce; cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in the sesame oil and remaining ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, remove the pan from the heat, toss to coat.
- Transfer to a serving platter; garnish with the fried mint; serve.