Recipe by Manami
A nice and cool salad for those "hot" days of summer. mealsforyou.com If you plan on using it at once, forget it, you must let it marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
- 1⁄4 lb cooked rotini pasta
- 5 ounces eat smart vegetables (any blend)
- 1⁄3 cup Italian dressing, plus
- 1 tablespoon Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 green onion, sliced
- 2 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup green bell peppers or 1⁄3 cup red bell peppers or 1⁄3 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped, plus
- 1 tablespoon green bell peppers or 1 tablespoon red bell peppers or 1 tablespoon yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 1⁄4 tablespoons kalamata olives
- 2 1⁄4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and cool.
- Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add Eat Smart vegetables and cook for two minutes or until slightly tender but still crisp.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, mix pasta and Eat Smart vegetables with 1/2 cup of dressing.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours to marinate.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix and serve.
- Bon appetit!