Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Parmesan cheese, mushrooms, wine YUM YUM...I have made this stuffing for the last 10 yrs..everyone loves it and always gets requested. I usually double up the recipe and freeze half to use in stuffed mushrooms for parties later in the holidays.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 lb Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1⁄4 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed, squeezed)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup almonds (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes (give or take depending on consistency)
- Melt butter in 4-5 quart pan.
- Brown sausage, with celery and onion in butter.
- Stir in mushrooms and sauté briefly.
- Remove from heat add in remaining ingredients.
- Salt to taste.
- Can be cooked in a buttered baking dish (350°F for 25 minutes) or stuffed into a 14-16 lb bird.
- If using baking dish method, baste with turkey juice once or twice while cooking.