Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was based on the recipe in Garlic Lover's Greatest Hits, but I've changed the ingredients and proportions, as well as the preparation method.
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- Combine all ingredients in a jar with a lid.
- Tightly close the lid and shake very well to combine all ingredients.
I am very excited because I refuse to buy premade Italian seasoning. I always just throw some of this & some of that in the pot. Thank you so much for making this recipe available! Made for Culinary Quest 2014/CCQ.
I made this seasoning mix to add to my home-made spaghetti sauce last week (not all of it, I still have some left to try on chicken, like others suggested). It has a great balance of flavors and can't wait to try it in many dishes. A great seasoning to add to my pantry. Thank you for posting. Made for Culinary Quest 2014 / Suitcase Gourmets
I used coarse sea salt and added the mix to a salt grinder; it works well and I now have my very own Italian salt grinder - I have used it on Roast Chicken so far and I really do like the flavour combo, it will be quite versatile in many recipes.