Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
we like this with salad, or spaghetti
- 1 medium loaf Italian bread
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion salt
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut bread to but NOT through the bottom into 12 slices.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Combine parmesan, mayonnaise,basil, garlic powder, oregano and onion salt in a small bowl, and mix well.
- Spread the mixture between the slices and over top of bread.
- Bake bread until golden, about 12 minutes.
- you can also add 1/2 cup chopped cooked shrimp to the mayo mixture before spreading it on the bread, Add a few drops of lemon juice and worcestershire sauce for extra flavor.
- variation: butter can be used in place of mayo, and any cheese can be substituted, romano, mozzarella, swiss, cheddar.