Recipe by Marie
A real complement to your meal. Received this recipe in an email. Delicious!
Top Review by evelyn/athens
Very nice seasoning for bread. I used fresh, crushed garlic (1 clove) and upped the oregano and basil to 1/2 a teaspoon. We all really enjoyed this with bean soup on a cold evening.
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bread to, but not through the bottom into 12 slices.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Combine all other ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Spread the mixture between the slices and over the top of the bread.
- Bake at 400° for about 12 minutes or until golden.