Recipe by Sharon the Rocket
Was xeroxed and given to me by a nurse. Not sure where it originated.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
I really wasn't sure what to expect from this recipe, but I was pleasantly surprised. The combination of the tomato with the green onion was terrific, and the light touch with the herbs added just the right note. I steamed my asparagus in the microwave for about 4 minutes, which was perfect. This really couldn't be easier, and I will definitely be making this again! Made for Spring PAC 2012.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Remove scales with a knife or vegetable peeler, if desired. Cover and cook in small amount of boiling water 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; arrange on serving platter and keep warm.
- Combine tomato and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well. Spoon tomato mixture over asparagus; sprinkle with cheese. Serve.