Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
Was xeroxed and given to me by a nurse. Not sure where it originated.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Remove scales with a knife or vegetable peeler, if desired. Cover and cook in small amount of boiling water 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; arrange on serving platter and keep warm.
- Combine tomato and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well. Spoon tomato mixture over asparagus; sprinkle with cheese. Serve.
I really wasn't sure what to expect from this recipe, but I was pleasantly surprised. The combination of the tomato with the green onion was terrific, and the light touch with the herbs added just the right note. I steamed my asparagus in the microwave for about 4 minutes, which was perfect. This really couldn't be easier, and I will definitely be making this again! Made for Spring PAC 2012.
Lovely and tasty way to fix asparagus. The perfect Spring side dish. Thnx for sharing still another great recipe, Sharon. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0