1/5 Photos of Savory Irish Soda Bread
Irish soda bread with extra ingredients makes it special. Its quick and easy, try it with homemade soup
My Private Note
round l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Sift the first 5 ingredients together and stir in the caraway seed.
- 3Cut in the shortening til it resembles fine meal.
- 4Add and mix in the cheese, onion and bacon.
- 5Stir in the buttermilk with a fork until the dry ingredients are just.
- 7Turn out on a lightly floured surface and knead a few times.
- 8Form into a a round loaf about 1/2 inch thick and place on a.
- 9greased baking sheet or cast iron skillet.
- 10cut a cross on the top and bake for about 30 minutes.
- 11Yield; 1 small loaf.
- 12I want to add a note;.
- 13Master Soda Bread Mix;.
- 14I make up the first 7 ingredients.doubled or more -- and store it in a tight
- 15container ( like bisquick ). Then I just take 2 1/4 cups of the mix
- 16and add 1 cup of buttermilk and the rest of the ingredients, and proceed.
- 17as usual. This takes only a few minutes to make up the bread. Bake
- 18as usual. So quick and easy!
- 19Store the Master Mix in a cupboard for up to 4 weeks.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Irish Soda Bread
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.8
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 23.1 mg
- Sodium 750.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 10.6 g