Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very different than traditional hot wings, not fried. If wrapped in foil and left on the grill the chicken will be so tender it will fall off the bone. (I've also used the marinade to spice up grilled chicken breasts.) My friends and family can't get enough of these, have plently napkins ready!
- 2 -4 lbs chicken wings, discard tips
- 3⁄4-1 cup louisiana hot sauce, to taste
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄8 cup black pepper
- 1⁄8 cup chili powder
- 1⁄8 cup paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- Combine all ingredients for marinade, reserve some marinade for basting.
- Put wings and marinade in a resealable bag, refrigerate several hours.
- Grill over medium coals basting with reserved marinade until done.
- When wings are slightly browned and carmelized wrap in foil and leave on the grill for another 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
The wings are very very good. Spicy, sweet, and sticky. The next time, I would reduce the black pepper to 2 teaspoons. 1/8 cup was a bit too much for me. Also, I would skip the rosemary because it left these branches on the wings that interferes with the taste. Other than that, it is a keeper. Thank you for sharing.
Great wings! Instead of Italian seasoning, we used Rendevous seasoning from the restaurant in Memphis...our favorite grill seasoning. If anyone's interested, they can order it online by going to the restaurant's website. We intended the wings as an appetizer, but we couldn't stop eating them, so we never got to our huge slab of ribs! Thanks.