Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
I dont remember exactly how this recipe came about or what it was adapted from but it has been a monthly dinner in our house for about 5 years. The combo of honey mustard and the savory herbs blends very well with the chops! I use fresh herbs from the garden but have also made with dried and although not equal results, still very good.
- 6 pork chops
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄8 cup flour
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (if you have the time...toast them first.....yum!)
- Combine the bread crumbs, flour, rosemary & thyme, salt & pepper, chopped garlic and pecans , put in a pie tin or other shallow dish.
- Combine mustard and honey in a seperate shallow dish.
- Heat 2 Tblsp olive oil in fry pan
- Dredge pork chops in the honey/mustard mix
- and then the Flour/bread crumbs mix.
- Add to fry pan and brown on both sides.
- about 3 min each.
- Transfer to baking pan and bake @ 350 degrees for 35 minutes, turn at least once.