Recipe by That is Dr House to you
By Chef Beverly L. Bennets from the Vegetarian Child magazine back in 2003 or so.
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, finely diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, finely diced
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons mellow miso
- 3 cups textured vegetable protein
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and celery in a bit of broth or water for 7 minutes or until softened and slightly browned.
- Add garlic and saute an additional minute.
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil, and then stir in the miso. Place TVP and peanut butter in a large bowl, pour miso broth over the TVP, and stir well to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow TVP to rehydrate.
- Stir in bread crumbs, nutritional yeast, herbs, and the cooked vegetables then mix until well combined. [Mixture will seem a little crumbly.].
- Press mixture firmly into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350[degrees]F for 30 minutes or until browned on top. Let sit for 10 minutes before cutting [use serrated blade].