Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
By Chef Beverly L. Bennets from the Vegetarian Child magazine back in 2003 or so.
Make and share this Savory Herb Roast. recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, finely diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, finely diced
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons mellow miso
- 3 cups textured vegetable protein
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Saute onions and celery in a bit of broth or water for 7 minutes or until softened and slightly browned.
- Add garlic and saute an additional minute.
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil, and then stir in the miso. Place TVP and peanut butter in a large bowl, pour miso broth over the TVP, and stir well to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow TVP to rehydrate.
- Stir in bread crumbs, nutritional yeast, herbs, and the cooked vegetables then mix until well combined. [Mixture will seem a little crumbly.].
- Press mixture firmly into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350[degrees]F for 30 minutes or until browned on top. Let sit for 10 minutes before cutting [use serrated blade].