Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
The Practical Pantry
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, butter and bouillon.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add rice, soy sauce, minced onion, onion powder, basil, marjoram, and thyme.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
It was good- a great side for a weeknight dinner. I used chicken broth instead of bullion. Thanks!
This was adapted for the rice cooker. Made a very nice side dish. Served with recipe #310542 and recipe #183500. Made for *PAC Spring 2009*