Recipe by marisk
Adapted from FoodNetwork.com Alton Brown, 2006. He did it shaking a large foil covered metal bowl with tongs over medium heat.
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 ounces popcorn (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon popcorn salt
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leave
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaf
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the oil, popcorn and salt in a large, 6-quart pot.
- Pop kernels over medium heat, shaking constantly.
- Continue shaking until the kernels finish popping, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle the herbs on the popcorn and gently stir to coat.
- Melt the butter in the microwave, doesn't take long; and slowly drizzle over the popcorn, stirring to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- Yield is 3.5 to 4 quarts.