Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great appetizer for a party or the perfect complete for a steak dinner. It is the creamy blend of herbs and cheese that make it fantastic! This wonderful combination is spread on french bread and then brought to golden perfection in the oven.Yummy, Yummy!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 -4 dashes hot sauce (Tobassco)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 loaf French bread
- Preheat Oven 350.
- Mix all ingredients (except bread and paprika)in a food processor until smooth.
- Split French bread length wise.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly onto both halves of the french bread and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered on a cookie sheet 15-20 minutes until golen brown and bubbly.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Slice into 2-3" sections and serve!
This is everything that you say it is! It is so good! I halved the recipe and it is a good thing because I would have ate it all! I used the parmesan in the jar. I had this for my dinner with some pasta sauce for dipping, but I really didn't need the pasta sauce at all! Thank you for a most wonderful spread for my bread!!!!