1/3 Photos of Savory Herb Biscuits (Sage and Caraway) With Garlic Butter
Great dinner biscuits warm from the oven. Go nicely with soup & salad or the main course. If using self-rising flour omit baking powder & salt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 473.18 ml flour
- 6.16 ml caraway seeds
- 2.46 ml sage leaf, crumbled
- 1.23 ml dry mustard
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 59.14 ml shortening
- 177.44 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Lightly grease a cookie sheet with olive oil.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, caraway seed, sage, mustard, baking powder, and salt; mix well with a fork.
- 4Cut in shortening using a pastry blender or a fork until dough resembles coarse meal.
- 5Gently stir in most of the milk until well blended (if dough is not soft & easy to roll, add just enough milk to make it pliable; too much milk will make dough sticky, but the biscuits will be dry if you don't add enough).
- 6Gather dough into a ball, and knead gently for about 30 seconds on a lightly floured surface.
- 7Roll out dough into a circle about 1/2" thick.
- 8Cut using a floured 1 1/2" biscuit cutter or cookie cutter.
- 9Gather up scraps of dough and re-roll and cut out remaining biscuits.
- 10Place on greased cookie sheet about 1/2 inch apart.
- 11Bake for 10-12 minutes (until golden brown).
- 12Mix garlic powder in butter.
- 13Serve biscuits hot with garlic butter.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Herb Biscuits (Sage and Caraway) With Garlic Butter
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.6
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 238.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: