Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick and easy recipe I found going thru old files. Comes from a Heinz Chili Sauce brochure.Tried it and liked it!
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage or 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, diced
- 2 cups frozen hash browns (loose type)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- In large nonstick pan or dutch oven, brown sausage,add hash browns,green peppers, and onions, saute about 8 mins or until potatoes are browned and cooked through.
- Add chili sauce and heat.
- Can be served with poached eggs.
This is indeed a quick easy & tasty recipe. I cracked the eggs on the hash, covered the skillet and 5 minutes they were cooked perfectly. For the potatoes I used left over Oven fries, chopped into hash brown size. Thanks for a lovely Sunday Brunch Jo602
I made this for Sunday breakfast and we all enjoyed it. It was something different for us. I followed the recipe as written, using italian sausage. Made for Spring PAC 2012
Great recipe! I used hot italian sausage and used some leftover boiled potatoes that I cubed. I also made poached eggs on top. The flavor was outstanding and it was very easy to make. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring Pac 2012.