Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nice comforting side, or serve it with eggs for a hearty brunch. Cooking times may vary, but usually 5 minutes per side is enough.
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3⁄4 cup sliced mushrooms, any kind you like
- 2 large potatoes, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook bacon in a skillet until it begins to brown.
- Add onion and mushrooms and cook until just soft.
- Remove from heat and mix with potatoes, parsley, cream, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Heat oil in the skillet.
- Add the potato mixture and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides.
- Serve warm.
- Note: Any leftover bits of meat or shredded cheese can be used instead of bacon, and any milk (even skimmed) can be used instead of cream.