Recipe by Bec
From "Taste/the Best of Taste," compiled recipes published in the Taste section of The Minneapolis Star, 1972.
- 2 lbs ground round or 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄3 cups red wine
- 1⁄2 cup medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Season meat with salt and pepper.
- Combine wine, onion and garlic and cook until sauce is reduced to 2/3 cup.
- Add butter, lemon juice and parsley.
- Cool sauce, then blend into seasoned meat.
- Mixture will be moist.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Grill over hot coals.
- Serve on buttered buns.