Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From "Taste/the Best of Taste," compiled recipes published in the Taste section of The Minneapolis Star, 1972.
- 2 lbs ground round or 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄3 cups red wine
- 1⁄2 cup medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Season meat with salt and pepper.
- Combine wine, onion and garlic and cook until sauce is reduced to 2/3 cup.
- Add butter, lemon juice and parsley.
- Cool sauce, then blend into seasoned meat.
- Mixture will be moist.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Grill over hot coals.
- Serve on buttered buns.
Great moist burger. I used a slice of avocado and pico to top it off, and it was absolutely wonderful. Make sure you cook it well as the moistness could fool you-
These was absolutely wonderful. There are alot of great burger recipes here at Zaar and this is one of them to my DH and I that deserves higher than a 5. Cooked in a skillet-no problems with the wetness of the burger re: falling apart unlike other moist burgers. The downfall? My DS's didn't care for these, the flavor is quite pronounced. That would not stop me from making these again-I would just buy them frozen patties. Thanks Bec!