5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. I have been making this for my family for years. No more boxed mac and cheese for me! Due to the ease of prep and savory taste, I make this skillet dish often. My family refers to it as "that tasty, cheesy hamburger macaroni thingy" A nice, big skillet full makes for great leftovers too! What's not to love!?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry hamburger in large skillet, remove to a bowl and set aside.
- 2While hamburger is frying, in a large saucepan, bring water to boil and boil macaroni per box directions, cover with lid after draining and set aside.
- 3In large skillet you fried the hamburger in, add your bag of Simply Potatoes Diced potatoes with Onion and cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender.
- 4Add the hamburger, macaroni and seasoned salt and mix well.
- 5Place cheese slices on top hamburger mixture and remove from heat, allowing cheese to melt.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Hamburger Mac #5FIX
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.1
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.1 mg
- Sodium 175.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 16.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion