Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy and unusual appetizer from the "Vogue French Cookery Book". It is also known as Paupiettes de Bananes aux Jambon.
- 4 bananas (fairly unripe, but not green)
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices ham
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- Peel bananas, sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika (be generous with the paprika).
- Wrap a slice of ham around each banana.
- Place bananas in a greased, oven-proof dish and pour cream over them.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve at room temperature as an appetizer or snack.