Recipe by CarolAT
This is a simple ham caserole recipe that I have been serving my family for years. This is always a family favorite after a holiday when we have baked ham left over. My sons loved the flaky cheese biscuits that top the pie. I prefer to use low sodium soup in this recipe because ham tends to be salty.
Top Review by pedspeech
The filling on this fell a little short of my expectations. After taking the time to make the sauce (with the milk and flour), the flavor was overwhelmed by the taste of the cream soup. It tasted fine, but would have been easier to just use a couple of cans of diluted soup. I would also suggest additional veggies- just because I am a fan of one pot meals! Thanks for the recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups cooked ham, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and green peppers in vegetable oil, stir in flour, add soup and 1 1/3 cups milk and cook until thickened.
- Add ham and lemon juice, mix and pour into greased baking dish.
- Mix Bisquick, 2/3 cups milk, and cheese until soft dough forms.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls on top of ham mixture covering the entire top.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 425 degrees and bake 10 minutes longer.