This is a really wonderful treat, good for breakfast with muffins and fruit, or lunch or dinner with a nice green salad. I prefer making the shell-less mini quiches. They fit my husband's low-carb needs, and they reheat well in the oven or microwave, making them great quick breakfasts or snacks. They would also work well for a brunch buffet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 prebaked sweet tart crust (optional)
- 1/8 lb deli ham, cut in 1/4 inch cubes (I prefer Boar's Head Sundried Tomato and Rosemary ham)
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 ounces sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 -2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup gruyere or 1/2 cup emmenthaler cheese (plus 1/3 extra if using quiche shell)
- 1Saute ham, shallots and mushrooms in oil until mushrooms are wilted and shallots are clear.
- 2Beat eggs, add cream, salt and pepper.
- 3(If not using tart shell, also add 1 T Dijon mustard.) Option 1: Quiche in tart shell.
- 4Brush pre-baked tart shell with 2 T Dijon mustard.
- 5Scatter over ham mixture, then cover with 1/2 c shredded cheese.
- 6Pour over egg mixture, then scatter about 1/3 c shrdded cheese over the entire tart.
- 7Bake at 375* for 25-30 minutes, or until custard sets.
- 8Let sit before slicing.
- 9Option 2: Mini Quiches without pastry shell.
- 10Grease 10 muffin cups.
- 11Divide ham mixture evenly among cups.
- 12Divide half cup cheese evenly among cups.
- 13Divide custard mixture evenly among cups.
- 14Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes or until custard is puffed up and browned on top.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Ham and Mushroom Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.2
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 135.4 mg
- Sodium 227.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 8.3 g