Recipe by chickpea
This is an easy hearty soup that everyone I've served loves. I got this recipe from my missionary friends who served it to service men in the Phillipines in the late 70's. Good the 2nd day too!
Top Review by MizzNezz
This is just packed with vegetables. It's very tasty. I replaced the water with beef broth to make it even richer. We had it for lunch 2 days in a row. I think it was even better the second day. You can't beat this if you're looking for a good low calorie meal.
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and rinsed
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 medium potatoes, in large cubes
- 4 -5 carrots, sliced in 1-2 inch chunks
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (64 ounce) can tomato juice
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef with onion added and rinse with hot water to remove excess fat.
- Add onion soup and spices to beef.
- Place potatoes and carrots on top.
- Add tomato juice and water and stir to combine ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until potatoes and carrots are done.
- Add package of mixed vegetables and stir.
- Heat until vegetables are done,may simmer as desired.