Recipe by Dawn
Our local grocery store sometimes will have chefs prepare sample dishes & this was one of them. I find that a little butter goes a long way, so I've been able to reduce the amount by half & there is still plenty of savory flavor to top your steak with. For those watching carb content it is 6 net carbs. You will probably have some left over Bleu Cheese Garlic Butter & once you taste it, you'll think of many things beside steak you'll want to add it too.
Top Review by Daisy Maisie
I would be thrilled if I got this meal at a 5 star restaurant!!! Made the bcgb on a NY strip steak cooked medium rare. Spicy creamed spinach on the side and crescent rolls, pomegranate water and Pinot noir. I made the butter exactly as the recipe says and really did think it was perfect. The only change I made was that I marinated for two-three times the suggested amount (basically because I was waiting on my boyfriend to come back from the store with the second shallot:)) some of the other reviews said it was too much salt and garlic. This thought never crossed our minds as we gabbed about how every bite was just as good as the first. We are planning to make it for our best friends for a nice spring porch dinner. Highly recommended.
Garlic Bleu Cheese Butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning or 1⁄4 teaspoon other seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 petite filet mignon steaks
- 3 -4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 black pepper
- 1⁄4 soy sauce
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Bleu Cheese Garlic butter: Add butter,garlic, thyme, and seasoning to food processor or blender and puree.
- Add Bleu Cheese and puree.
- Set aside and refrigerate.
- Steak: Mix seasoned salt, garlic,pepper, and soy sauce to create marinade.
- Place steaks and marinade in a large dish and marinate for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Discard marinade.
- Spray grill with cooking spray and grill steaks for@ 6 minutes on each side for medium.
- When fresh off the grill,serve each steak with a TBL.
- of Bleu Cheese Garlic Butter on top.