Our local grocery store sometimes will have chefs prepare sample dishes & this was one of them. I find that a little butter goes a long way, so I've been able to reduce the amount by half & there is still plenty of savory flavor to top your steak with. For those watching carb content it is 6 net carbs. You will probably have some left over Bleu Cheese Garlic Butter & once you taste it, you'll think of many things beside steak you'll want to add it too.
Garlic Bleu Cheese Butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning or 1⁄4 teaspoon other seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 petite filet mignon steaks
- 3 -4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 black pepper
- 1⁄4 soy sauce
- cooking spray
- Bleu Cheese Garlic butter: Add butter,garlic, thyme, and seasoning to food processor or blender and puree.
- Add Bleu Cheese and puree.
- Set aside and refrigerate.
- Steak: Mix seasoned salt, garlic,pepper, and soy sauce to create marinade.
- Place steaks and marinade in a large dish and marinate for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Discard marinade.
- Spray grill with cooking spray and grill steaks for@ 6 minutes on each side for medium.
- When fresh off the grill,serve each steak with a TBL.
- of Bleu Cheese Garlic Butter on top.