Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip or 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 baking potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 onion, sliced
- Mix salad dressing and seasonings in bowl until well blended.
- Add potatoes and onion, toss to coat.
- Divide potato mixture evenly among 6 square pieces of foil.
- Seal each to form packet.
- Place on grill.
- Grill covered, 25- 30 minutes or until tender.
My son had a friend over and I had a rare Saturday off and didn't feel like getting too involved with cooking so I made these with steaks on the grill. They were a hit. I used Miracle Whip but I think next time I will try them with mayonaise and see what the difference is. I am a mayo person so I think for my personal taste that would work better. What a nice change of pace from just adding butter.
I used mayonnaise and kosher salt for these. Very simple and tasty. Thanks Hungarian Gypsy for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
I used Helmans lite and I did not like the texture but the flavor is good. I think I would like to fry the onions first then add them to the potatoes and perhaps next time use a full fat mayo.