Recipe by JillAZ
I got this recipe when I was in high school. Our German class was making a dinner and I was assigned these beans as the recipe I needed to bring. They are very good and have sort of a sweet & sour flavor. My family has been making them ever since!
- 2 lbs fresh green beans
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim and wash beans.
- Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove from pan and crumble bacon.
- To the same pan, add butter, chicken broth and green beans.
- Cook until nearly done, about 20 minutes.
- (It really depends on how big your beans are.) Add crumbled bacon, salt, vinegar and sugar.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir into beans.
- Continue to cook, uncovered, until beans are tender.
- About 5-10 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley just before serving.
- Note: These are not"crisp-tender" beans.
- They are completely cooked and very tender.
- This is how the recipe was written when I received it and they are very good.